We happily arrange your airport-pickup, accommodation, hiking-gear, and further personal equipment for and with you.
- 3 Days
- 1-15 People
- also for Beginners
Discover Meru's impressive horseshoe crater
Mount Meru is located within the Arusha National Park (Only 75km away from Moshi), and is often referred to as “Kilimanjaro’s little brother”. It is Tanzania’s second highest mountain, and Africa’s fifth highest mountain. Many adventurous hikers like to conquer the “little brother” first, before going on a big hiking tour to Kilimanjaro.
Hiking on Mount Meru will offer you a beautiful scenery and landscape and you are likely to meet some of Tanzania’s exciting wildlife. As you ascend on the volcanic cone of the mountain, you will also have the most beautiful view on the “big sister”, Kilimanjaro.
During this hike you will be accommodated in mountain huts and our chef will prepare strengthening meals for you. This hike is scheduled for three days, however, for the less experienced hiker we recommend an extra fourth day.
Book an additional day for only $150 per person.
Our package includes
- Transport to/from park gate
- Park, rescue and hut accomodation fees
- Armed ranger fees
- Regular health checks and first aid kit
- Professional English speaking guide(s); porters & cook
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Water, and tea and coffee with meals
- Mount Meru certificate for your successful hike
- Tips for the guide, chef and porters
- Travel insurance
- Transport to/from the airport
- Hotel before/after your hike
- Personal items
- Hiking clothes, boots, and sticks
- Soda and alcoholic beverages
Combine your strenuous mountain hike with a beautiful and relaxing day tour to Moshi's blue waters, or with an exciting Safari to Tanzania's beautiful wilderness. Feel free to inquire about an individual holiday package that suits all your needs!